Kampua Talk: Some people are so clever, I don't know what they are trying to say...

Kampua Talk

Friday, April 06, 2007

Some people are so clever, I don't know what they are trying to say...

I was blogging and chatting per usual in the computer lab when I let my eyes wandered while waiting for some pages to load with the oh-so-slow connection. My eyes stopped at the monitor of the computer on my right. A Malay girl was there doing her assignment. But the thing that she typed into her assignment caught my attention and being my usual mean self, I couldn't help but quote some of her masterpiece to be shared with the rest of the world.
Her masterpiece was too precious not to be revealed. It would be viewed only by her lecturer, I presumed, which would be such a waste, don't you think? Somehow, with slight difficulty, I managed to quote a few sentences that I found amusing because they caught me jaw hanging open.

She started off with "My Biography" under which she described about herself:
"My name is xxxxxxxx binti xxxxxx. I'm from aaaaaaa, live at bbbbbb. I'm studying since I'm 5 years old at XXX kindergarden. I'm studying at SRK XXXX and SMK XXXX. "
"I like to eat fruits because its good for our healthy."

"My favourite novels XXX, YYY and Bicara Hati because the story very feeling for myself..."

"My hobbies is listening the radio, ..."

I stopped right there and then because I couldn't contain my laughter.

She concluded this section with a:
"About me, I'm friendly persons, disiplin and like make joking with my friends."

Next came the "My Family" section where I couldn't see very well after the sentence:
"My sister is 8 years old and she still stydy..."
because my eyes were tearing for laughing too much after reading the first section.
When describing about the course she's taking, which I presumed as Communication, she said:
"The communication I enjoyed it and its was a very interesting subject..."
For the final section which was "My Dreams", I only managed to catch glimpse of this:
"I hope after I'm graduated, I can help our society to forward..."
because I almost dropped myself from the chair with uncontrolled laughter.

What the hell were all THAT??? Somebody KILL ME!!!

Pardon me for being mean, I couldn't help it! I don't mean to humiliate her in a way or another in this post or any other posts to come. This is just to enlighten those who are still in the dark, that a lot of university students especially those from the university I am currently in, are still using this kind of English. Their level of English, I tell you, *shakes head*. When they read from prepared text, you'd feel like vomiting blood and hope that someone will just throw you off the building. I'm serious!

Now do you still wonder why unemployment rate among graduates is sky-high in this country???

*None of the words or spelling of the quotes have been changed.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger CY said...

Well it's not surprising, but on the bright side, she's using English :)

That's a great start!

2:03 AM  
Blogger Horny Ang Moh said...

Waalauaaa!! That is how I write also wan..I suppost that is whu my english s uck!!Have a nice day.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Observer said...

Hmm... evil... how could u publish her lousy english ?

She needs to watch for PCK for a start

12:46 AM  
Blogger CLare said...

cy - erm...is THAT even English? So cacated wan... she tried and failed big time! No mercy shall befall upon her! Muahahaha!

hor ny ang moh - You where got write like that lah...I understand what you say but I don't understand what she was trying to say. So she suck~!

freethinker - I couldn't help it because I'm as evil as I can be, per usual. Hahaha!!! True, watching PCK is a good start but she'll be confused lor about what is 'tau huay'. LOL~!

3:38 PM  
Blogger clement said...

like a primari 1 essay...

5:08 PM  
Blogger CLare said...

Clement - i did better than THAT in Primary 1! :)

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home