Kampua Talk: Pirate Nuffnangers together gather watch movie

Kampua Talk

Friday, May 25, 2007

Pirate Nuffnangers together gather watch movie

I went to watch the Pirates of the Caribbean 3: The World's End with 249 other bloggers last night. We went to collect the ticket early and there was no human jam. We chatted with The Boss for a while. Timothy said he only recognizes people from their blogs and not their names. And no, he did not wear the Aladdin's Genie costume. I heard that there were only FIVE bloggers who went to the movie dressed as pirates while the remaining 245 dressed casually in T-shirt and jeans or working shirt. So much for seeing a herd of pirates raiding Hall 9 of Cathay!

We met up with Nicole the Miss Malaysia Universe 2007 contestant No.7 who quitted due to her father's health condition and brought her to get her tickets. By that time, the other bloggers had arrived. I scanned the crowd to look for familiar faces from blogs that I stalked all the time. I saw Suanie and Fireangel dressed as pirates. I saw Timothy who was busy greeting/chatting/discussing with random people. I saw Jeff Ooi standing nearby chatting with someone. Then there was SmashpOp in red, also busy chatting with someone.
Suanie the Drunken Pirate, KY and Fireangel *stolen from Suanie's blog*
Nicole then dragged us to Midori for dinner. We met up with her movie partner, Justina and also Gerald who joined us at Midori. We were almost the last four to enter the hall. The hall was almost full. Seriously, watching movies with the other bloggers is totally different from watching movies with random people. Don't ask me why.

"Captain Barbossa! Welcome to Singapore!" -Sao Feng (Chow Yun Fatt)
But the Kojak died halfway through the movie though. Pardon me for the spoiler, I couldn't help it! LOL!!! Anyway, it does not matter with or without him in the movie. He ain't outstanding in the movie anyway. It is confusing whether he is the bad guy or the good guy in the movie.
Will to Elizabeth: "Will you marry me?"
Expect the unexpected. Spoiler #2: A wedding in the middle of a pitched battle between the Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman! Ridiculous? Tell me about it.

Spoiler #3: Davy Jones, the guy with tentacles face also died.

Spoiler #4: Will Turner was stabbed by Davy Jones and died. But he comes to live again because...(watch the movie yourself lah, this part is interesting!)

Enough of spoilers, later a lot of people come and tiu me...Heheheh!

My all time favourite character of POC is Captain Jack Sparrow. He is funny! And confusing. The way he slurs his lines and struts his way around definitely threw me off my seat and sent me rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off, literally. It enhanced the fun and excitement when a part of the blogsphere watched and laughed together gether with you!

I bumped into Wingz after the movie talking to a girl while we were on our way out. He was behind me. I also bumped into Kenny Ng who so happened to be somewhere nearby also after the movie, on our way out. I managed to wave and said hi. Haha! He said he went there right after work. I was kind of tired after the movie though so did not talk much. Pai seh ah, Kenny!

*thumbs up for this movie even though POC 1 remains the best*

Thank you, Nuffnang, for the tickets! Looking forward to join more activities in the future. Thanks a lot to Exabytes for the popcorn and the soft drink. If it wasn't for you, I think I'd dehydrate after 3 hours in the hall.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

aiyahh... after the show only met u... that time all also tired n sleepy... LOL

5:56 PM  
Blogger Wuching said...

pardon me for not reading ah coz i dunwan to spoil the movie for myself...hehehe...btw, u r tagged!

6:45 PM  
Blogger CLare said...

Kenny Ng - yalor yalor! Was kinda late to enter the cinema hall though, that's why didn't meet you initially lor...LOL!

wuching - never mind. After you watch then you read. Eh, my name is not CC...but my URL correct la...hahhaha!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Wuching said...

sorry ya...i'm getting senile! must check myself into nursing home soon! hahahahaha

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not fair :(

9:15 AM  
Blogger clement said...

wuching old liao, kenot remember ur name.. haha, and this movie is damn long, but definitely better than spidey

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home