Kampua Talk: Right Here Waiting

Kampua Talk

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Right Here Waiting

I had loved you for years. The first time that I saw you, you were walking down the beach with the waves rolling gracefully, bowing down to you under the magical glare of the beautiful setting sun. I knew it deep in my heart that it was love. I knew I would love you forever. Ours was the kind of love that went beyond this world. Very few people understand true love. The need to be with someone. A need stronger than hunger or thirst.

Seated in my black Saab across the street, which I had purposely parked, I waited for you.

Squinting in the early morning light, I looked up, trying to pick out which of the windows belonged to you.

I remembered the party last night. The moon was shining brightly in the beauteous sky littered with billions of tiny little stars sparkling in the galaxy. Perfectly clad in a maroon evening gown, you looked stunningly gorgeous in the moonlight. The twinkling stars in the sky were like fireflies compared to the sparks that flew from your lovely eyes.

Where are you, my dear? Your plane will be leaving in two hours.

Finally there she was. What took you so long, my dear? I thought as I watched her carrying her luggage out the door and piling them into her car.

Your car was a beauty, just like you. I loved you so much that just the sight of you with your new haircut behind the wheel of your white MG sent my pulse racing. I loved the way you started your engine and pulled away from the driveway with a stylish roar.

I waited a few minutes before racing after you.

It was a torment for me for not telling you how much I love you. You will never understand. I cannot wait any longer to say what I feel. I must tell you today or never. I knew deep within my being that this would be a Herculean and titanic mission.

I scanned the crowd, trying to spot you.

There you are - as beautiful as ever. You reminded me of an angel. I can imagine an aura of gold encircling your head, infusing the red of your hair with a fiery brightnesss.

The way you smiled at me - the warmth of your smile melts my heart. I tried to smile back but my lip muscles did not want to co-operate.

I was searching for words. What can I describe to say how much I feel for you?

"Take care and good luck! Do write to me when you get there, ya!" was all that I managed to blurt out as my heart dropped to my foot and shattered into a thousand pieces. I struggled silently to overcome the pain inflicted so mercilessly upon the raw wounds of my broken heart.

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel. How true indeed these words are.

Please stay. Please do not leave me, I begged silently. Will you come back, my love? I am going to miss you so much that I know it is going to hurt.

But all I could do is to watch you leave and at the same time experiencing a sharp pain like that of an arrow piercing through the deep wounds of my anguished heart.

You deserved the best, my dear and I want you to go anywhere your heart desire. When you come back in the future, I will have everything ready and perfect for you. But when? You never told me, my dear.

No matter what happens, I will be right here waiting and never give up my faith in you. It's only a matter of time.

**The story was originally written by yours truly 5 years ago (when I was 17) out of sudden inspiration. No, I am no lesbo if that's what you think. I wrote that supposedly from a guy's perspective. Just in case the paper this story I wrote on perished or dissolved as time goes by, I better put it here for my future read. Heheh~!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home