Kampua Talk: Dedication to mum: Happy Ni Lao Bu Day!

Kampua Talk

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Dedication to mum: Happy Ni Lao Bu Day!

No, no, no! Before you accuse me of displaying vulgarity, just a simple introduction here:
Happy Ni Lao Bu Day = Happy Mothers' Day!!!
At 11.40am today, an SMS from mum arrived saying:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...The whole world wished me Happy Mothers' Dat except my own babe..."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, mum, I was very busy doing last minute information absorbing process before my Employee Benefit Management exam today. Exam started at 12.15 noon. You know I am a well-known procrastinator. I was thinking of calling you after the exam and wish you but your message arrived first. Hahaha!!!
Anyway, today being your special day, what are the plans dad and bro has for you? Too bad I couldn't be there all because of the stupid final exam! Well, I hope you have a wonderful day today. I miss you so much!

On this special day, I would like to extent my bottomless gratitude for everything that you have done for us from the moment we were conceived until now. Yes, now that we are both grown up, in our early 20s, we are glad that you brought us up to who we are today. Because of you and your love, we have never gone astray or beyond hope.

One thing I admire about you is your strength and faith which are inseparable. People told me that you are a strong woman. You stand firm and steadfast even when there were storm and chaos all around you. I have never seen you stumble or fall. You took everything as a trial from God. Your faith in God is so strong that I believe nothing could ever shake or take that faith away from you. I vowed to be as strong and independent as you.

You always say that I have a bad-temper. I am learning to control them. You have also said that being humble will eventually bring me to achieve dreams that I've been struggling to reach. You taught me a lot, which I will remember as significant lessons in live.

Mums love to nag. That is a well-known fact. Mums worry a lot. Another popular fact. And they worry too much over nothing at all. Yeah, for being mum and all that, mothering instinct rules all. Sometimes we find their naggings annoying and tend to shut them out. But when you are far from home, you'll miss their nagging somehow. And we wouldn't mind their nagging when we were home anyway. The naggings are always for our own good.

Last but not least, thank you mum for being there for us. I love you. May God continues to bless you with health and wisdom in your body, mind and soul. I made this prayer in Jesus's name. Amen.

Happy Mothers' Day to all mothers in the world!!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mom always the best in the world. Happy Mother's Day to your mom.

10:32 PM  
Blogger zewt said...

you should have been the first mah...

12:43 AM  
Blogger Wuching said...

happy niamah day!

8:38 AM  
Blogger clement said...

when's your turn to be a mom?sqf

12:25 AM  
Blogger CLare said...

kenny ng - Yeah! Happy Mother's Day to your mum as well.

zewt - aiya, what to do?

wuching - U too.

clement - you wait long long lah...

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home