Kampua Talk: Dead and no longer performing

Kampua Talk

Monday, May 21, 2007

Dead and no longer performing

I was tagged by Clement to do this Which Band or Artist Which/Who is No Longer Performing or Alive Would You Have Loved To Have Seen?
*headache*
I am a sucker for good music, be it current or classic, but I prefer classical. There are a lot of great songs by bands and artists that I am still listening to. Hard for me to choose only ONE. The hell with that, I want to do TWO! So sue me!
Anyway, there is this particular artist, a legend, in the music industry that never failed to make me fall in love. To his music, I mean. I am sure a lot of people know him. Neh, the King of Rock 'n Roll:
Elvis Presley
8 January 1935 - 16 August 1977
My all time favourites:
Heartbreak Hotel (1956)
Blue Suede Shoes (1956)
Hound Dog (1956)
Love Me Tender (1956)
All Shook Up (1957)
Jailhouse Rock (1957)
Are You Lonesome Tonight? (1960)
Can't Help Falling In Love (1961)
Viva Las Vegas (1964)
A Little Less Conversation (1968)
...and many other more that I've lost count, damn it!
He died even before I was borned! And yet I've grown to love his songs which remain number one hits in the people's heart. Thanks to my dad who played his songs all the time when I was little that I am now addicted to golden oldies.
Next, this particular band came from Liverpool, England. The four-member band was a big hit back then. Even after they split up, individual members had their own moment of glory in their singing career . I am pretty sure you know who I am talking about.The Beatles
Who does not know them? John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr.
My all time favourite:
Yesterday; Love Me Do; I Want To Hold Your Hand; Can't Buy Me Love; A Hard Day's Night; Ticket To Ride; All You Need Is Love; Hey Jude; Let It Be; Obladi Oblada; Help!
Damn! Now I can't get their tune outta my head! *humming Love Me Do while typing this*
There are some other artists and bands that I'd love to have seen:
The Everly Brothers, The Carpenters, Lobo, The Jackson Five, Louis Armstrong, just to name a few.
These people produced/created/composed/sang great music of all time. Too bad, they are no longer doing that. But their music and songs remain. Golden oldies are the best! Let's Rock 'N Roll!!!

People that I want to invite to rock 'n roll with me:
Kenny Ng (I am sure you are going to love this!)
5xMom (Want to know which artist managed to serenade you off your feet. LOL!)
Zewt (I just feel like tagging you. Hahaha!!!)
Wuching (Want to tag a Foochow also. Muahahha!!)
Bengbeng (Let's see how classical can you get)
Nicole (Tag you for fun only)
Alvin (I doubt if you have any...prove me wrong!)
Rose (Song song tag you nia, can?)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Horny Ang Moh said...

Before my time. Have a nice day.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Wuching said...

double tagged by u & clement!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hell... this is the tag I'm waiting for soooooooo long! I love it! Thanks.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i no good in songs..but i will try :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger CLare said...

hor ny ang moh - u too

wuching - you are fehmes mah!

kenny ng - I knew it! LOL!!!

bengbeng - hehehe!!!

1:47 AM  
Blogger clement said...

everyone dun even have think a long time for doing this... ha ha, thanks for doing it

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home