Kampua Talk: Taufan Durian

Kampua Talk

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Taufan Durian

Walao! It has been quite a long time since I last post an entry. I didn't realize it until one of my readers pointed it out last night. Its a long story (and a long journey too) and I'm not going to get into that in this post.

When I was in Langkawi last week, there were news that Taufan Durian will sweep the northern part of Peninsular Malaysia and Langkawi Island will not be spared. People were scared. Would it be something like tsunami? Or worse? *shrugged*

But all I could imagine is this:

Ouch! It would be painful if kena hit by durians though.


I won't mind if being hit by the soft, yellow, aromatic durian minus the hard and spiky shell.

Well, I just reached home yesterday morning and on my way home from the airport, I requested for some D24 and we stopped by the roadside and bought some fresh durian. Yes, the King of Fruit is in the season now! I just couldn't get my hands off those juicy, slimy, yummy, yellowish, aromatic isi. They are cheap also. Approximately RM2-RM3 sebiji only. Bought about 8 biji yesterday.

Practically, I had all nothing but durian for breakfast, lunch and dinner today (and tea breaks as well). Finished all 8 biji one go.

Of course, a big glass of salt water after each durian-eating session. To cool off the heat consumed in the durian, as told by the old folks. It would have a better effect if drink the salt water from the durian shell. This also need some kungfu master's skill as not to hurt your lips drinking from the spiky shell. Haha! Well, no. It's a lot easier than you thought, even a 3-year-old can do it and survived!

PS: Don't drink (alcoholic beverage) and eat durian at the same time! It is FATAL!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger clement said...

i dun like liu lian, the smell is too strong. :p enjoy your feast

7:57 AM  
Blogger fookiat said...

eh.. u finally updated your blog yeah.. u have fun there.. its been ages since i eat any durian

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

durian is delicious but....i've just eaten one...satu ulas..satu ketul or satu biji...haha...duno wad de penjodoh bilangan..
makan durian nanti mulut busuk susah jumpa orang..haha..
but i thought i heard my mum said to eat durian before eating any rice..it is better....mayb is to recover the aroma~^^

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home