Kampua Talk: From WEST to EAST

Kampua Talk

Friday, September 29, 2006

From WEST to EAST

Mid semester break officially started on the 15th September 2006. With that, it meant anything related to assignments, exams, homeworks, etc is out of topic for as long as the duration of the holiday! Heheh! And with that also, it meant famine had officially struck Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) as every taukeh also took break. As a result, majority of those who didn't balik kampung had to depend on Maggi Mee to survive till 21st Sept. I was not one of them. To stay alive, I consumed this:

The Spirulina Cereal.
A substitution for a meal. Contains all the nutrient that are needed by our body per meal. It's aromatic smell even before you add boiling water (that means once you tear open the packet) is enough to make you crave for it. With no preservatives, no colourings, no sugar at all, this is a perfect meal for diabetics, obese and those who want to go on a diet without actually starving yourself to death to have the satay stick figure~! Alright, enough said.


Apart from that, drought had struck UUM a few days before the mid-semester break. I heard that the water crisis swept from UUM till Jitra or vice versa. This, thus, made it even harder to survive. The drought and famine had actually prompted me to get out of this place as fast as possible.

And hence, I forced myself to wake up 7 early 8 early in the morning to catch the scrap metal (HBR Bus) to Shahab Perdana Bus Terminal in Alor Star which was about 1 hour from UUM. From there, I took the 10.00am Triton bus to Kota Bharu, Kelantan. Well, to make the long, torturing, winding, bumpy, nauseating journey short, I arrived in Kota Bharu at 6.00pm where my friend (also coursemate) - Ong Shin Khai - picked me up.

With stiffed muscles all over my body, neck, cramped legs (for sitting too long), exhaustion, hunger (since I had not eaten anything that day), dizziness, the first place Ah Khai brought me to visit was the General Hospital! .............-_-
Nah, things were not that bad as you might be imagining~! I wasn't admitted to the hospital or something. We went there to visit someone. That's all.


As for dinner that night, I had:
Green Nasi Kerabu, BBQ Chicken Drumstick, Rojak, Char Kuey Teow, Logan Juice, ...
Went to the Noodle Station for a lim teh session an hour later with Ah Khai, Ah Long (another coursemate) and their friend.
With all that delicious food I swallowed, my marginal utility for that night was overflowed! Hahaha!!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne Juan said...

Hey Clare... Nice blog u have here, macam tu la, blogspot kan bagus. Haha. Got ur blog from adriana's blog. I just added u into my link. Keep rocking my dear. MUAH. Love, anne

10:49 AM  
Blogger CLare said...

Thanks, Anne!!! Nice seeing you here. Keep in touch!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home